Monday, April 29, 2013

Sonnets aren't all about love

A friend of mine needed help writing a sonnet for their poetry class. In order to help them out, I wrote out this sonnet to show them that not all poems have to be about love. While many times when people think of poetry it is to show something full of love and hope, it can be about a great number of things. 


While some hearts were made to live and to love
not all hearts were made the same. For this time,
our time, must come to an end. Far above
some god is laughing for this grievous crime.

While it may be gods above that decide
what our fates may hold. It is all too clear
that whatever I had felt for you died.
I can’t miss you, so please don’t waste your tears.

I know you may think me twisted and cruel
but I cannot stay in a loveless life.
To stay with you would surely be fatal
and I shall not put up with such great strife.

So fly away, my dear, please leave me now
Flay away, my dear, I must break this vow.

No comments:

Post a Comment