I like Kickstarter projects. I think they're a great way for small bands to work to create a CD, unpublished authors to have the chance to get their books published and into stores, photographers to have the chance to get their portfolio started or recognized and even for documentaries to be made. And, I want you guys to take a look at the Ballerina Project.
I'm sure a lot of people have seen the photographs that the Ballerina Project has published. The Ballerina Project was started 13 years ago in New York City and portrays ballerinas in an organic and urban setting. While most photographers like to keep ballerinas in a studio or on stage, Ballerina Project puts them in our life, in our everyday lives. As someone that loves both photography and ballet (obviously), I've been a fan of the work the Ballerina Project has been able to do.
Now, they're looking to expand on their portfolio of 800 images. They're trying to create documentaries. But it can only be done with your help. They want to be able to create new dance videos and documentaries of at least two dancers. They want to go to new locations, not just New York City. And I want to see them accomplish this.
I'm sure you all have been able to put it together what I'm asking, but if you haven't here it is: Please take a look at Ballerina Project's Kickstarter. I'm doing what I can to help this become a reality and it would be great if you could too. They are trying to raise $30,000 and (as of today) they have raised $10, 565. There are 14 days left in the campaign and they still have almost $20,000 to go. I'm sure anything you can do, even if it is just spreading their story, would be appreciated.
I would love to see Ballerina Project grow and continue to flourish. I try not to ever ask you guys to buy or support something monetarily and I'm breaking that because I love this project and I don't see it getting the exposure it truly deserves. Take a look at what they've been able to accomplish so far and tell me that this doesn't deserve to grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment