This has been a very draining week, but it is ending better than it started. With all of the emotional baggage of dealing with the 1st, followed by finding out I might need a root canal on the 2nd, I've been looking forward to Friday since... Tuesday. But its Friday. I made it through it all. These badges were part of the "Nerd Month" collection, even though I really don't see what's all that nerdy about them.

Chess
While I'm not the greatest chess-player in the world, I can hold my own. Honestly, I wanted to learn how to play chess just because it was mentioned in Harry Potter (you, except it was wizard's chess and the pieces moved on their own). I was 11 and thought that it was just something I had to learn how to do. So I taught myself how to play.
Horse-drawn Cart
I don't know why, but in the South when the weather gets cold, apparently its a great idea to go on these hay rides drawn by horses. I don't understand the appeal. There's always a ton of hay that gets everywhere and too many people crowded into one cart and its either too hot or too cold to really enjoy it. Don't people in the South realize that sitting around a campfire is a much better way to start off Autumn?
Marching Band
As you have already learned, I was in marching band. I was in marching band through all of high school. The funny thing is even though I had to go to every football game for four years, I still don't know (and more importantly, don't care) anything about football. I really enjoyed band, though. It was a lot of fun and I always enjoyed the time I spent with my friends.
Video Games
I like video games, I just don't get to play them much. Growing up I loved to play. I would much rather play a video game hidden away inside than have to go outside and deal with people. I didn't own every game console, so I did occasionally become friends with certain kids because they had certain games. Yeah, I was that kid. But I grew out of it. Kinda.
Rubik's Cube
I know that there is apparently some sort of step-by-step instructions somewhere that actually tells you how to solve the Rubik's cube, I never took the time to go find it. So when my sophomore Pre-Calculus teacher had one, it took me about two weeks worth of classes (classes that I should have been using to pay attention in class) to solve it. Really, that's not too bad considering each class was only an hour and a half, right? Whatever, even if its not, I still solved it.




No comments:
Post a Comment