Thursday, April 4, 2013

ARTS 1311: Balance

This week's assignment in my 2D media class was focusing on balance as well as critiquing each other classmate's Water Conservation projects.

I must say I was a bit disappointed with the critiques. I wanted to try and stay as polite as possible, but sometimes that's hard when you can easily tell someone threw their project together in about ten minutes. I was also disappointed with the critiques I received. I knew there were many things I needed to work on and pointed them out myself. What I was not happy with was people trying to say a certain aspect was wrong or tearing my image apart because I gave them a poor critique. Oh well. I guess that's really why I'm not a fan of being assigned certain people that you have to review specific aspects of their project.

As for the balance assignment, I wasn't on top of it. I let life get in the way and wasn't ready to upload them until now. I did enjoy working on these images and thinking not only about how balance is used but also math, like the golden spiral and golden rectangle. Ratios are used in order to determine the rule of thirds in design. I may not like to actually have to do math, but I like the principles that have come from mathematics.




No comments:

Post a Comment