Friday, March 29, 2013

Lifescouts Friday: I'm grumpy today




Well, we've made it through another week. This hasn't been an easy one, work has been crazy and I decided to quit smoking Tuesday (something I was planning on doing on the 1st). I'm exhausted and ready for a couple days off. It seems like most of these Lifescouts badges are things I really didn't enjoy, but maybe that's just because I'm grumpy and still having to deal with the whole not smoking thing.

Fishing

I find fishing both really boring and really gross. I went when I was at a summer camp as a kid. I didn't particularly enjoy sitting around waiting for something to happen. I didn't enjoy touching worms and the fish when we caught something. It was gross. But I also went deep sea fishing on my honeymoon and that was kinda cool. And we caught a HUGE marlin. I've done it, I don't plan on doing it again.




Drive In Movie

When I was a young teen, a guy actually took me to see a movie at a drive in. It was weird. But that's probably more due to the fact we were both young, awkward teens on a date that our friends had set up because we would just look so cute together. The idea of drive in movies is fun, in execution when you're awkward and 15, they suck.





Haunted House

I don't like being scared. I'm not a fan of scary movies. I don't like people jumping out and scaring me. I don't like haunted houses. I've gone to many throughout the years because apparently other people like to be scared. And I want to be around other people (sometimes) so I go as well. I don't really like haunted houses but I've gone. And that earns me another badge.




Swimming

Who doesn't know how to swim? I took lessons when I was a child (the first one consisted of my father throwing me into a pool before actually taking lessons). Nowadays when I go to the pool its mostly just lounging by the pool and drinking and enjoying the sun. This used to be something  I would do all the time during the summer, but now that I have a house sans-pool, I don't see much pool time this summer.




Zoo

I'm not the biggest fan of zoos. I understand that they can be a good thing and they can help endangered animals, but I hate seeing all of those animals locked up. Although, this may be because when I was less than a year old, my father took me to the zoo and while he was off doing god knows what and not paying attention to his child in a stroller, I tried to crawl out of my stroller and ended up flipping it over and crashing into a window and splitting my chin open which required stitches. So maybe there's still a bit of emotional scarring from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment