Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Project 1: Water Sustainability


Our first big project in my 2-D Media Design class was to focus on water sustainability. We had to incorporate at least five different images in order to create our design and it was supposed to to be upbeat and based on Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours." She wanted us to "connect with people on an emotional level" and to be mindful of colors that do this. We did have several things that we were not allowed to include in our design as they are very overused; we were to think outside the box. No water drops, faucets, recycling symbols, pictures of a "parched" Earth, desert scenes, or even Earth from any given view.

I had several great ideas for this assignment. I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I knew where this was going and it was going to be great. Then I actually started working to make my ideas a reality.

And I couldn't.

Honestly, I'm not too pleased with how this project turned out, mostly due to the fact that I had so many great ideas that I wanted to use. I threw out many designs before I finally came up with this one. I hated everything that I created prior to this. I know that it will take time and work to get my skills up to where I want them to be and where I need them to be. I know that I just need to continue working and not try to do something that is too far outside of my current skill level. I know I can't get discouraged because I really have come a long way from where I started off at the beginning of the semester.

But this journey to where I want to be is hard. I just want to be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment