This past week in my 2-D Media class, we've been reading about texture and how it can effect a design. I've never really given much thought as to how texture can effect an image, but it can really make or break a design.
One thing I've come to realize is how much each aspect (light, texture, value, line, etc) really goes into creating a design. Whereas before this class, when I thought about a photograph, I thought of it as a composition of all of these design aspects, I'm now looking at each one individually. Even in my summer photography course where we focused on a certain element of design, the main idea was to create an entire composition that used all elements of design. At the start of this course, I struggled to really focus on the one aspect of design. I feel like I'm starting to get a better handle on focusing on the single element that we've been assigned for the week.


No comments:
Post a Comment