Monday, March 25, 2013

Self reflection and another class








In computer illustration, we were tasked with creating a cover for a "School of..." In keeping with my dance theme that I have going with all of these assignments, I picked the logical "School of Dance." Not only were we working in layers, but we were also continuing to work with text and manipulating it and the spacing it has. While this assignment was fairly straightforward and easy, I think I might revisit it later in order to try and create something a bit more elaborate.

We also talked briefly about the problem that a lot of us seem to be having. I know that I personally have a lot of great ideas for various assignments. Sadly, my skill level does not seem to be up to par with what I would like to be able to do. I've noticed this a lot in my ARTS 1311 class as I've been working on our first major assignment, water sustainability. I have so many ideas for things I want to do that would look great, but I just am not there yet. This leaves me feeling very disappointed in everything I've created thus far. I've probably made four or five different projects and I've hated each and every one of them because they aren't the idea that I have in my head.

You know in Mulan when she's asking when will her reflection show who she is? I'm having that sort of problems with my computer screen.

When will my computer screen show what I see in my mind's eye...?

No comments:

Post a Comment