Friday, January 14, 2011

I have the best coworkers!!

It recently dawned on me that I do in fact have the greatest coworkers in the world! This correlates with the fact that I have one of the greatest jobs ever.

Working in property management comes with a lot of benefits of its own. People give us tickets to various events trying top help us like them, and I always get Stars tickets from people. I also have a great connection that gets me tickets at a fantastic deal. I know a lot of the heads of companies and talk with them like they're just another person, this leads to a lot of great networking opportunities. I meet a lot of people in the building, people know that if they have an issue, I'll do my best to get it resolved.

Then there are the wedding related perks.

First, I would like to say that there are some huge perks to working for the management company for the building that I'm getting married in. Like price. There are also some drawbacks, like knowing information about the (now former) catering company that I can't tell anyone and I can't act on. That can be a bit rough.

One thing I've noticed is that since all of my coworkers (all ten of them) know that I'm getting married here, they don't mind talking wedding details with me. The women (all three of them) here have even asked me about how things are coming, if I plan on doing certain things, how the planning is, etc. Even my boss is starting to get excited and will occasionally ask me about the details of the wedding.

I've also noticed that people seem to expect me to be on edge for the next couple months. As of today, I hit the four month countdown and I've heard a couple comments along the lines of, "We know you're going to be stressed because of the wedding. If you ever need to take a break, come into my office if you want and I'll try to help you with any wedding things you're worried about." So far, I haven't been too stressed while at work, but there's no telling if I can keep this up as the big day gets closer. Even the guys at work seem to be pretty understanding.

The women are also always excited whenever I get a package. Since we do have our registries up, everyone is expecting to see gifts arriving anytime now. They also know that I do like to try to do a little wedding planning when work gets slow, and part of this includes shopping for accessories for the wedding. A couple days ago, I ordered several pairs of shoes to see which ones I liked best for the wedding. As soon as I signed for it, they all wanted me to open it. With the help of two women here, I was able to pick out my wedding shoes!!

Not only are my coworkers excited for the wedding, they're also helping me plan!! How many other places let you do that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment