This weekend has been a pretty productive weekend. Since I had Monday off for MLK, I decided to really get to work on all things wedding related.
Saturday, I was able to finally meet with a jeweler in order to discuss my day-of jewelry. It actually took a lot longer than I thought it would, but I'm very happy with what we were able to come up with. I know Anne is going to make me something fantastic, unique and totally me. Anne is also going to be making the jewelry for my Maid of Honor and Bridesmaids, so I'm very excited about that. I was having a hard time finding something that I loved and they would love and that would work with no luck. After a couple hours with Anne, she was able to come up with a couple great ideas! It should take her a couple weeks to make it up, and if its not what I want exactly, she'll redo it and try again. But I have complete faith in her. Bridal party jewelry, check!
I also went to my first fitting on Saturday. I went to A Bridal Blossom, the same boutique that a friend Ashley works at, in order to get this done. Since Ashely was working on Saturday, she was able to not only act as an employee, but she already knew my personality and how I wanted to look. And since she's going to be doing my hair on the big day, she was able to figure out exactly what she would do for the wedding. Nancy, the owner, was a huge help and was able to not only get everything pinned, but she came up with a fantastic bustle! The detail on the back of my dress had me worried about the bustle and I couldn't think of how to get it done and keep the details, but she did it!! Nancy also offers a service that we are taking advantage of: On the day of the wedding, she will be on site for two hours two steam my dress, the flower girl, the MOG and the bridesmaids' dresses. Now I don't have to worry about getting it to the INFOMART and making sure it still looks great. Nancy will take care of that for me! First fitting, check! Second fitting, scheduled!
Since I was off on Monday, I was able to sit down and get all of our invitations going out to the parents' friends addressed and assembled. Since both Austin's mom and dad are helping with the wedding, I wanted to give them the chance to get us a list of people they wanted to be there. Both of their lists consist of about 75 people. My big goal for January was to get everyone included on their lists an invitation ready to be sent out. We've got all of those invitations assembled, stamped, labeled, and the RSVPS have stamps. All that is left is to drop them into a mailbox at the end of next month! Parent invitations, check!!
Today, I was able to book the rooms for the wedding party for the night before and of the wedding. Being the kind of person I am, I've decided to pay for the first night for the entire wedding party. Since a lot of people in the wedding party are taking the time to come to Dallas from Arkansas, I figure its one nice thing Austin and I can do for them. Wedding party hotels booked, check!
No comments:
Post a Comment