Monday, January 10, 2011

A few more things are done!

Austin and I decided to do a few wedding related things this weekend. Well, it was more I told Austin I was doing wedding stuff and he decided to help because he knows I'm starting to stress. We planned on picking out our wedding bands and the tuxes for Austin, the groomsmen, and our readers/ushers, addressing invites, stuffing invitations and anything else I could convince Austin to help me out with.

We started off by heading over to the same place Austin picked out my engagement ring, Dallas Gold and Silver. Since I really had no idea what I wanted as my wedding band, I thought it would be a pretty difficult process trying to find something I liked and something that would match my ring. We both thought picking out his ring would be pretty quick and easy. We spent about an hour looking at rings of varying styles that might match mine. Finally, we found something that I thought was perfect, luckily Austin agreed. Austin had a general idea of what he wanted and after about half an hour of looking at rings, he was able to decide what he wanted. Sadly, they just didn't carry what he wanted in his size. So we left them with his ring size, what he wanted, and they're going to keep an eye out for anything that matches what he wants.

Both of my rings, they look like they were made for each other!

We then went out to get pricing for mini wine bottles. We've been talking about including mini wine bottles on each table as favors to our guests. We've already got little boxes that we're going to tie with a blue ribbon and have little candies inside, but we thought the wine would add nice little bit of us since we both love wine. I also saw them somewhere and thought it was a great idea. Austin checked on the pricing at our local Goody Goody and it turns out we can definitely afford to get them! Yay! I've started working on the labels for our wine bottles ad I think I was able to get a good mock up done. There is a little tweaking that still needs to be done to it, but all in all it turned out well.

For the rest of our to-do list, we could do things at home. We had gone into Al's Formal Wear earlier when we were trying to decide what exactly Austin wanted to wear and had a pretty good idea for what tux we wanted everyone to wear. All we had to do was go online to reserve our tuxes and input everyone who would need a tux. Pretty easy.

Earlier in the week, I had found the jewelry that I thought would look great with the dresses that I had picked out for the bridesmaids, so I printed off a couple pictures and waited until ballet on Saturday so I could show them to Austin's mom and get her opinion on them. I picked out simple pearl earrings and necklaces from Amazon. Austin's mom approved and we're going to talk to her personal jeweler to see if she can make a custom piece for me.
The bridesmaids' earrings

The bridesmaids' necklace


No comments:

Post a Comment