So this weekend, my Maid of Honor, Jessica, was in town to visit! I took off a couple days from work so we could spend some quality "girl time" together. We didn't really have any plans, but we did end up going to the Hare Krishna temple (which is beautiful!) and to the Dallas World Aquarium. Since it is Shark Week, we figured it was fitting to go to the aquarium and see the sharks. I've never been to the aquarium here in Dallas, but it is actually a pretty cool place. Its right in the middle of Downtown and you don't really think it would be great looking at the outside of it since its all brick. There are tons of different birds and monkeys and fish and snakes and lizards and penguins and spiders and even a jaguar! I would recommend it to anyone!


The Hare Krishna temple is beautiful. We've both gone before, but we still wanted to go. The temple has an amazing Indian restaurant, Kalachandji's. They are always vegetarian and most dishes are even vegan! Neither of us have gone to a service there, but I think it would be absolutely marvelous and eye opening. And probably very centering. Anyways... We walked around the temple and meditated a little before going shopping. Yes we went shopping...
We went to Alfred Angelo and got Jessica her dress! Well, we ordered it. I should be going to pick it up in about 8-10 weeks. Its a great tea-length dress that I will be posting pictures of later. She tried on about 15 different dress of all different styles in order to figure out what we wanted. So, we were both pretty happy that she was able to get a dress. And, it was under $75!
 |
| We really liked this one, but its not quite the style we wanted... |
 |
| This is one dress we liked, isn't she adorable! |
 |
| And this is the one we picked! It'll be cobalt with ivory trim! |
No comments:
Post a Comment