Yesterday I spent most of the day working on all of our pocket-folds. I was able to finally able to finish cutting, measuring, scoring and gluing together 150 pocketfolds. I felt like it was a huge accomplishment to finally get it all done. I'd been putting off finishing them since it has been a huge undertaking, but I'm glad to finally get it all done. About two (or three) months ago, I had been able to measure and cut down all of my 11"x17" card stock.
But then I stopped. I don't know why, but I was burnt out on all of the wedding work. And since Austin hasn't been too interested in the planning or anything, it was hard to get motivated to get back to work.
I guess it was because Jessica and I had been talking about wedding stuff while she was here, but I suddenly got the urge to finish my project. I don't really know why it happened, but I sat down on Friday and started scoring everything. Sunday I spent the day cutting tape down and taping up every flap so that I had pockets on my pocket-folds. I would not recommend this project to most people, but I'm picky and didn't want to spend almost $500 on the invitations I wanted. And I didn't realize how much of a project it would be. Well, I knew, I just didn't think it would be quite this big,
I'm hoping I can finalize my wording this week for my three inserts and my invitations. I'd like to start printing them all this week, but I'll be realistic and shoot for the middle of next week. I think I'll be able to start putting them together in about two weeks or so... I'm hoping. My goal is to have the entire invitation, all 150 of them, put together by the end of the month.
If I don't get distracted I think its possible. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can stick with it!
And, to feel like I actually did something, I'm going to show off my template for the invitations. Its not perfect, but this was my first one I made and I'm using it as my guide. What do you guys think?

No comments:
Post a Comment