As you all know, this has been a trying weekend for me. I had not only my procedure to get my cancerous cells removed but also my ballet exam.
Thursday I had a procedure done known as an LEEP. I am pleased to report to all of you that this procedure went as well as could be expected! I spent about three hours at the doctor's office on Thursday while they worked to get rid of all of the cancerous cells. After the procedure was done, they told me that they're pretty sure they were able to remove all of these cells. I was advised to take it easy and do no physical activity for the next 3-5 days. After asking, they did give me the go ahead to take my ballet exam even though it's on Sunday. I was also told to resume light activity for the next three weeks, but I have been required to take it easy and be careful not to overexert myself.
This doesn't really work with the fact that I've tried to take up running. I guess I'll start back on the running Tuesday before ballet if I'm feeling up to it... If I'm not still sick that is. I knew I was coming down with a cold on Wednesday and I was hoping to be over it already, but alas I'm not. I feel absolutely terrible. I can't remember the last time I felt this terrible. My throat has been swollen, I've been all stuffed up, and I've had a fever running constantly since Friday. Not exactly fun.
And now, my ballet exam! I wasn't exactly sure if I'd be able to take my exam since I was notified after my appointment on Thursday that I needed written consent to take the exam, something I didn't think twice about. I wasn't able to get a hold of my doctor on Friday so Friday and Saturday I pretty much gave up hope and figured I would have to wait to be able to take my exam. Something I didn't want to do considering I've been working for quite some time on this. Sunday morning I got a call from my ballet instructor telling me that as long as I filled out a release promising not to sue if I got hurt and promised to leave the exam if I noticed any pain, I could take the exam. And I already got the email back from my instructor informing me that I passed!
Even sick and recently getting rid of cancer, I can still dance!
No comments:
Post a Comment