Thursday, January 26, 2012

Today is the day

Today I'm going to have a procedure that will (hopefully) be able to remove all of the cancerous cells. Since it is Stage I, there will be no chemo involved. I know how hard chemotherapy is on your entire body and how rough it is to go through so I'm thrilled to hear that I won't have to worry about it. Since my procedure is this afternoon, I knew I would drive myself crazy thinking and worrying about this if I was at home. So I decided to come to work. I doubt I will really get anything done today, but I just couldn't stand the thought of doing nothing at all and driving myself insane.

After the procedure, I'm supposed to stay in bed and do absolutely nothing for at least three days, preferably up to five. Being anemic, the big concern is that I will reopen any wounds and begin to bleed profusely and die. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but that's the reasoning. Me being me, I know that there's no way I can stay home, let alone in bed, for three days. And since I have my Cecchetti exam on Sunday, I know that's not going to happen. I have already discussed this with my doctors and even though they're not exactly thrilled, they're willing to let me do it. It just means I have to take even more time to recover and be careful and blah blah blah.

Lucky for all of you, being on bed rest means I get to post more on here! I doubt I'll post an update later today, but you can all expect something tomorrow! Fingers crossed it all goes well and I don't die or something!

(I won't die, stop worrying)

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything went ok! Take it easy afterwards too

    ReplyDelete