Apparently, the NFL lockout has recently ended. Since this is the first time I've mentioned this, it shows you all how much the NFL and football (pansy ass American football, not real football) means to me. I was kinda hoping both sides were going to end up being so greedy and selfish that it would ruin their season and people would be able to focus on a real sport during this same time: Hockey.
I miss going to all of the games. I miss seeing them win (and then eventually lose as the season wore on). I miss being able to go watch a team I care about and watch a sport I actually understand. I miss being able to cheer the team on. I miss bemoaning the losses. I miss yelling about the ref and how unfair he was. I miss the excitement that would fill the stadium. I miss the buzz in the air when the game was tied. I miss the thrill of OT and shoot outs. I miss watching the games on tv with friends over and actually being the one to explain what was happening. I miss Ott, Barch, Benn, Morrow, Ribeiro, Daley, Eriksson and the rest of the team. I even miss those dumb Stars girls.
All in all, I want hockey to start. Now.
Sadly, it's going to be another two months until the new season starts. The Stars play their first game October 8th. I know I will be there to cheer them on for the new season, will you?

No comments:
Post a Comment