Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tahini Salad

I don't remember where I originally found this recipe, but I do know it is absolutely delicious! I've made it several times and it's a great vegetarian dish that's quite healthy. This is also a very easy thing to make, considering it is a salad and salads are the type of thing anyone can make.


INGREDIENTS

Dressing:
  • 1/2 avocado (I usually skip the avocado completely)
  • 1 1/2 tbsp Manitoba Harvest Hemp oil
  • 1 tbsp stone ground mustard
  • 3 tbsp chickpea reserve water
  • 2 tsp tahini
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/4 tsp ground coriander
  • 1/4 tsp herbamare

Salad:
  • 4 cups romaine mix
  • 1 cup chickpeas – reserve liquid for dressing
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 yellow pepper (Really, any color will be fine, I just like the color the yellow adds to the salad)
  • 1 small bag of baby carrots, chopped 
  • 1celery stalk, chopped
DIRECTIONS
For the dressing, combine all of the ingredients. Whisk all ingredients until they are blended thoroughly. For the salad, well, make a salad. When you have the base for your salad ready, add the dressing.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment