Friday, August 12, 2011

The Way We View Life

I've recently adopted a new way of looking at life and it has altered my perspective of everything around me. I didn't realize that I had done this,  but I did realize it today.

One thing I realized is how easy it is to see art everywhere. Art isn't just the things we can see in a museum, a painting or a sculpture. Art is all encompassing, it is everywhere. Art can be seen in a song, a poem or a story. These things are pretty obvious. But art can also be found in the way we dress, the way we carry ourselves and the way we talk. You can find art in the way you deal with a difficult situation, the way you love people and the way you handle stress. Art can be seen in the way you write, not just what you write. Art is the way you love people, even the people you love. Art can be seen in the food you cook, the pieces you chose to decorate your home. Art is everywhere. Once you notice this, you can begin to see how easy it is to find beauty in life.

Another thing I've recently come to realize is that I have become the type of person that falls in love easily. Whether it is a song, a sculpture, or a poem. Whether it is a friend, a loved one, or a stranger. Whether it is a dog, a cat, or a book. I am becoming the type of person that is able to open up and experience all of these things. When you can easily open yourself up to fully enjoy things and immerse yourself in something, you really do fall in love. While I'm reading a book, I find myself understanding them and loving every word more than I have before. When I am with my friends and loved ones, I find myself really listening to them and just enjoying being in their company. When I am working on a math equation, I see the way the numbers work together and the beauty in the complexity of it all. I know it may seem like a strange concept, but it is a wonderful thing.

Granted, I'm not the overly cheery type of person that is generally associated with this attitude, I still love the way I am able to experience life now. I also do see the awful and horrible things in the world more clearly now. As they say, you can't have a rainbow without a little rain, the same is true for beauty and love and joy. You will still see the horrible things in life, but without them you would never notice how beautiful life can be. If you didn't have troubles in life, you would never realize how wonderful life is. And no matter how horrible, unjust and awful life is, you will always (well, hopefully always, more likely usually) be able to see how absolutely beautiful life can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment