I am quite happy to report that the move over last weekend went off without a hitch. I do know one thing, I will never be moving in the middle of August in Texas ever again.
Other than the fact that Dallas had a high of 107 last Saturday, things went perfectly. We were able to have everything loaded into the moving truck by noon and into our new apartment by 2:00. I spent most of the evening and half of Sunday unpacking everything and getting all of our pictures and paintings hung up and it looks great! One of the great things about being super organized and meticulous when it comes to packing is the fact that it makes unpacking much easier. The most difficult part of this entire move was trying to decide which paintings I wanted to hang where. People all seemed shocked that I had everything unpacked by noon on Sunday, I'm really not sure why. When you're organized when you pack things up, you have a much easier time unpacking things and you can get it done in half the time.
Ballet back up this week, something I am very happy to have back in my life. Both Mel and I have been waiting through this last month for it to start. I was able to get her into it over the summer and she loves it! It's great to have someone else to enjoy the class with me. Since we are both planning on taking the exam at the end of the year, we're going to be taking more classes and required to practice a lot more out of class and do homework. Yes, homework. For ballet. Cecchetti is a style of ballet that not only focuses on the ballet, but the theory of the movement. In order to pass your exams, you have to take a written test proving you understand these theories. Anyways, class started back up and I can definitely tell that I have not been practicing as much as I should have, so I have a lot of work to do just to get back to the point I was a month ago. Mlle Angela is also going to be working us harder than ever to make sure we're absolutely perfect, so the next few weeks are going to be a beating trying to recondition myself.
I have found an animal shelter to work at that is fairly close to our new home. Sadly, due to school and ballet, I won't really be able to volunteer as much as I thought I could. At least I can go on Saturdays and help out for a few hours. It might not be much, but at least it is something. So, part of my Saturdays will be spent assisting as needed with all of the dogs and cats they have! I've also been really wanting to get a puppy but I know I don't really have the time and I don't need another pet in our apartment, so this will be a way for me to at least feel like I have a dog. I love to work at these shelters and give these animals the love and attention they deserve, even if it is only for a few hours every week.
And last, but definitely not least, there's school. Since I have been out of school for several years, all of my previous ACT and SAT scores weren't eligible for anything and I did have to take a placement exam. What a drag. It also meant that all of the college credits I had earned through my AP exams weren't eligible to be used. I guess that's what happens when you're out of school for more than three years. C'est la vie. I was able to take my exam which was probably the most boring test I have ever had to take and register for classes. I will be starting them very soon and I really can't wait! Even though it meant all of my previous testing and whatnot doesn't matter, I do think I made the right choice in waiting to go to college. If I had gone straight into college out of high school, I know I would not have been this excited for it. I also know that I would have felt obligated to go and I would not get nearly as much out of the entire experience.
All in all, I think this has been a very exciting and busy month! Now let's just hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew with all of these things and work (which has also become crazier than usual).
No comments:
Post a Comment