Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 18: Whatever tickles your fancy

Austin and I are huge hockey fans. Its one of the few sports we can actually watch together since I only follow soccer (real football...) and hockey and he's into football, baseball, basketball, hockey, golf... Really anything. Unless the World Cup is on, he doesn't care to watch the games. We rarely get the Real Madrid or Manchester United or Brasil national team games, and when we do it is usually on one of our numerous Spanish channels. Austin apparently is of the mind that unless he can understand what the announcers are saying, why watch. So for us to be able to sit down and watch a sporting event is a pretty big deal.
.
This is one of the reasons I'm a Real Madrid fan, he's also a pretty spectacular player on the Brasil team
Luckily, we have hockey.

We both enjoy watching the games at home, but we prefer watching them live. There is nothing that can compare to watching the game for 20,000 other fans (even if they are rooting for the wrong team). And before this year, we had not been able to go to one together. Neither of us are fans of sitting in the top row at the American Airlines Center and watching the game on the screen. If we were going to watch the game on a screen, we would watch it at home. In HD. And be warmer.

This year, I got a hook-up at work. Since we have a concierge that offers discounted tickets to tenants in the building, he has offered me tickets to any games I'd like for free (or close to it). We've already been able to go to four games this season with at least three more on our calendar. I'm thinking we might need to get a couple more since it looks like the Stars might be able to make a run for the Stanley Cup this year. A feat I wasn't thinkign they would be able to do considering how awful they were last year.

I would like to say all of the improvments are due to my favorite player, Steve Ott. But after last night's game were he really wasn't much of a force on the ice, I don't think I could say that. Well, I could, but it would be a lie.

So, if any one out there has any conenctions to Steve out there, tell him to step up his game. He should have beaten Ovechikin after the way that twat was acting during the game and nothing. Come on Steve! Where's the guy we all used to love to hate?! Where's the fire? Where's your spirit? Do something out there! When we're at the game next Friday, I expect to see more from you.

And if not, I'll still be a loyal fan.

As it is, the Stars are second in the Western Conference. They're currently at 15(wins)-8(losses) -1(OT Loss). They have 31 points, following the Red Wings who lead the conference with 34.

Lets go Stars!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! to answer your Q on my blog:
    Fresh petals you can get from freshrosepetals.com or Fiftyflowers.com. You can also get cheap freeze dried petals from flyboynaturals.com
    good luck and I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete