We're having issues with our caterer, problems that are out of our control, and if it isn't resolved soon I might go crazy. And since I work for the building and get all of the little details, I think that's making that issue even worse... As soon as its all worked out, I'll be sure to let everyone in on the madness and stress that I've been dealing with for the past three months. I have threatened my boss that if he doesn't get it all worked out soon, I may have to use his credit card to get a caterer. Because at this point, there is no way I could find a new venue. And even if I could, our invitations are made, hotels are blocked... It just isn't a feasible thing to do.
We were able to get out all of our Save the Dates on Monday, what a relief!! If you're one of Austin's friends and haven't received it yet, wait a couple days and then feel free to let me know and I'll make sure he gave me the right address.
I also met with a friend of Austin's mom, Beverly, who has graciously offered her services as a decorator to help us with the ceremony and the reception. After meeting with her, I realized how much I hadn't thought about. Like who is going to be downstairs to greet the guests in the lobby? How is the ceremony going to be set up? Who is going to usher guests to their seats, the groomsmen or ushers? Do we want ushers? What decor are we going to use for the ceremony? Do we want engagement pictures set up outside of the ceremony? Bridal portraits in the reception? Where will the quartet go? Oh, the list goes on... Hopefully with a little help from Gloria, our event coordinator, and Beverly things will get worked out soon.
And hopefully I don't drive Austin too crazy with my obsession of all of the little details.
No comments:
Post a Comment