Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 20: A hobby of yours

With work being what it has been the last couple of months and the wedding creeping closer every day, I haven't had a lot of time to indulge in any hobbies that aren't wedding or work related. Its sad, but my life is pretty much revolving around those two right now. And with the weather getting cold, I haven't been able to participate in one of my favorite hobbies: SCUBA diving.

Austin and I took lessons over the summer in order to become SCUBA certified and it is one of the greatest experiences you could ever do. I'm hoping that after the wedding (possibly on the honeymoon) we'll be able to go diving more. We haven't had a chance to go anywhere exciting. Yet. But I'm sure that will change once we can start buying our equipment and going out more on our own. And for anyone out there that might be interested in learning, just remember that it is a lot of work to get certified. And it is a very expensive hobby to have. The equipment will last you for years and years, but that doesn't change the fact that the up front costs for the essential equipment is a bit steep. And to get a good dive instructor will cost, but I think its worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment