This past weekend has been insanely busy. Since Austin's birthday was Friday, we spent a lot of time going out and spending time with his parents and actually doing stuff. Maybe it wasn't that busy, but for someone that's recently become quite a homebody, it was.
Friday night, we went out with his dad to Max's Wine Dive. If you haven't been there, you should definitely go. The food was amazing although I was pretty disappointed with the service. How can you be a wine anything and yet your servers can't tell you anything about the wine list? They didn't know prices or even if there were certain wines on the list. I do think that they are actively trying to improve because they know the service is sub-par. After dinner, I actually sent them a tweet in regards to the service and how I was disappointed. Much to my surprise, they actually responded and we had a "twitter-sation" about what I felt like they needed to improve on. It was nice to see that they actually wanted to know what was wrong and how they could fix it. Even though I was disappointed with the service, I really appreciated them coming back to me and trying to figure out what they could do better next.
Saturday after five hours of dance and a nap, I took Austin to see Lucero. We've both been fans of Lucero for a long time, and it is great to see them getting the notoriety they deserve. They're an amazing band and one of the bands that I will always go see if they're in town, no matter where they are playing. I was a bit disappointed with Trees, though. While it is great that Lucero can sell out a 600-person club, it really sucks when the club oversells the concert by about 150. By the end of the night it was way too packed and uncomfortable. Maybe the next time they come through town they'll go somewhere like the Granada where the wont crowd start leaving halfway through their set because they can't stand to be in the club any longer.
I really enjoyed the opening act, J Charles and the Trainrobbers and was interested to hear that they're going to be opening for American Aquarium when they come through town in a few weeks. Prior to this show, I'd never heard of J Charles and the Trainrobbers so I really didn't care about the opening band. But once they started playing... They're amazing. Not only is their music great, but they also put on a great show. Too many opening acts really neglect that aspect, their music may be decent but they don't know how to put on a show and get the audience interested in them. I really think they will work well with American Aquarium, that should be a great show.
Sunday, Austin and I went to our first Stars game of the season.Even though they ended up losing, it was still a lot of fun and we both enjoyed being back at the AAC for hockey. I think I'd really forgotten how much I love being at the game and the atmosphere there. Since it was an almost sold-out game, the energy in the stadium was great. As for the game itself, well... I think its time for Raycroft to sit out and/or head down to the AHL to get his confidence back up. I've also noticed that the defense really takes for granted Kari and let a lot of shots through that Kari can save but Bachman can't. They need to be able to step up their game when KAri is out (like he currently is). And what happened to all of our goal scorers? I feel like Benn and Erikson and Jagr have been all but invisible lately. While I'm thrilled that the fourth line is producing, why does it seem like that is the only line producing? The Stars were lazy and sloppy through the first period, amazing during the second, and played like shit for the third. A little consistency would be nice...
I guess I should really stop before I start ranting too much about the Stars...
All in all, this was a great, albeit busy, weekend. Sometimes its nice to have your schedule shaken up. I've really gotten into the habit of dance and homework on Saturday and homework and cleaning on Sunday and I really haven't been as social as I probably should be. It was nice to be able to go out all weekend (but I'm really looking forward to a much quieter weekend this week).
I found your 'About Me' through google.
ReplyDelete"I am quite opinionated and may often have a stand on issues that you don't like or agree with. That's completely fine."
If you are in your early teens, this is fine but in your early twenties this is not profound. Indeed different opinions are completely fine, as you would say. Different opinions make the world go round (see what I did there). To be boring or predictable is a grave offense, especially when you are intelligent.
It wasn't stated as something to be "profound", it was stated as a fact. I've written posts about various things that people have strong opinions on (ex. abortion) and have been attacked, harassed and threatened. So, I put that little disclaimer on there so some other people realize that its fine (great, even) that we all have such different opinions. It might need to be reworded, but it was something I quickly threw up there after dealing with a lot of hate from people and I haven't thought to update my "About Me" since.
Delete