Monday, February 4, 2013

Fall Out Boy is back!

Last night while most of the US was busy watching the Super Bowl, I spent my night on tumblr and watching the Puppy Bowl (try not to get too jealous of my exciting night). While on tumblr, I came across a post the was a bit hard t o believe at first glance: Fall Out Boy released a new song, "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)."

I listened to it, it was great. But I couldn't imagine the fact that Fall Out Boy releasing a new song (and possibly album) could break without much fuss. So I just assumed maybe the post was wrong and it was just an unreleased song that they had recorded years ago that has just found its way onto the internet. That seemed more plausible than the fact that FOB was back and there wasn't any major news about it. I know not everyone cares as much about them, but there still are fans out there, right? If they were back together then this would be bigger news than a tumblr post with less than 1,000 notes, right? I'm not the only one still listening to music from ten years ago, right? Other people should care more about this!

But today, I saw that the news has broke that they are in fact releasing a new album (released May 6th). I'm absolutely ecstatic. I've been listening to FOB for 10 (or is it now 11?) years. I've bought every one of their albums. There are albums I love (Take This to Your Grave) and albums that I feel didn't really quite measure up (Infinity on High) and I've even listened to Patrick Stump as he did his own solo act (Soul Punk really was pretty great). And to find out they're back is just great! I've already preordered "Save Rock and Roll" and I'm pretty certain I'll be going to see them when they're in Dallas June 8th. Seeing that this was trending worldwide (it still is and has been for most of the morning) makes me realize that I'm not the only one to still listen to them and get excited about them releasing a new album. I guess there are still a lot of fans out there that, just like me, have been silently hoping this day would come.

I'm really quite excited to hear the news that they're back together and making music and I'm excited to see what they create after their three year hiatus. I'm a fan that will be dedicated no longer how long of a break a band needs to take. Fingers crossed I'm not disappointed with what I hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment