Thursday, February 28, 2013

ARTC 1353 - Character


Monday night in Computer Illustration, we were to create a cartoon character using the pen tool and incorporate a pattern into our design. This is what I decided to make. I know it isn't the most amazing piece of art out there, but I'm really quite proud of how it turned out. It took a lot of work to create him using the  pen tool but I feel like I'm getting better the more I practice.

We're also to supposed to be working on a self portrait for our midterm project. After coming to the realization that there really aren't many pictures of me after the wedding, I decided to just use one of my wedding pictures. Below is the picture that I'm going to be using.


The goal of this exercise is to use the pen tool to draw over your picture and create a posterized/Warhol-esque type of picture. I really didn't do too much last week (even though I really should have) but I've been working a lot on it this week. I think I'm about halfway done, I have the main parts of my picture covered, I'm now working on some of the finer details. I also haven't decided on a color scheme... Since its going to be more pop-art than photograph, I think I'm going to deviate from the natural colors, but I haven't decided what my color scheme will be yet. So far, this is the picture I've been able to create. 


No comments:

Post a Comment