Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Big Day is Finally Here!!

I'm sure everyone is just as excited as I am that today is election day! No more of the constant political ads. No more of the continuous coverage of people in Ohio that still are undecided. No more talking about polls. It's done! It's over!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am so glad that after tonight this will all be over. And as happy as I am that the election is finally here, I'm sure residents of any swing state are even more excited to have the 24/7 constant stream of political ads have finally come to an end. Tomorrow, for the first time in a very long time, residents of Colorado, Iowa, Ohio, Nevada, Wisconsin, Florida, Virginia and North Carolina will finally be able to watch television without the constant barrage of how such-and-such candidate is evil. Those people are such troopers to put up with such madness.

Before this is all said and done, go vote. Don't give me the same bullshit about how both candidates are evil and neither one is doing any good, make up your mind and vote. There is an independent on the ballot if you out-right refuse to make a real decision. Thousands of people have fought and died (and paid millions) for you to get out there and vote. There is no reason whatsoever to not cast your vote. You might live in a Republican state and be a Democrat and be thinking Why should I vote? My one vote doesn't matter? But your vote does matter. If everyone out there that said their vote didn't matter actually stood up and did something, things might actually change. A red state might turn blue. A blue state might turn red. No one will know because thousands of people don't vote because they don't feel like they matter.

If I can get in line at 7:00 in the morning surrounded by far too many brats running around an elementary school without coffee, you can make it to your polling station. If pregnant women are willing to stand in line for hours on end while also keeping watch on their toddler, you can vote. If a woman can stand in line for two hours with a four year old and a ten month old, you can vote. There are no excuses. This is one of the most basic responsibilities we have as an American. So go vote.

And then celebrate because its all finally over!!

Until the next election season, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment