As much as I'm sure you all loved to read my mid-terms, I think I'm done posting school essays. At least until finals, that is. It may seem a bit silly to some people, but I've realized that I really put more effort into things I know people are going to read. If I only feel like on professor is going to read a paper, I have a hard time spending five or six hours working on a paper. If I feel like several hundred people are going to read something because I put it on my blog, I feel like I really need to make sure its a decent paper. So, I appreciate you all putting up with the past week or so when I've been posting parts of my various midterms here. You may not actually read them and you may not really care, but knowing that they are here and they can be read by many people makes me work harder on them.
Anyways... As I said, no more midterm talk!
This past weekend, Austin and I went to the ballet with Danimal and Mel. The last time Austin and I went to the ballet was in February when Ben Stevenson's Dracula which was absolutely amazing. Friday we saw another of Ben Stevenson's productions, this time it was Peer Gynt. For those unaware of what Peer Gynt is, it is the story of a boy that leads a life switching from on woman to another, never settling down and always letting his hormones take control. He eventually is robbed, beaten and left for dead when a man finds him places him in an institution where he stays for many years. He eventually is released from the institution when he is very old and seemingly on death's door. He remembers all of the women he has wronged over his life and how he has hurt them all, and at the end he realizes that he still loves one woman and chooses to spend the remainder of his life with her. It's really a very beautiful and moving story. And, since it is a Ben Stevenson production, the ballet is something that both Austin and Danimal were able to enjoy (and if not enjoy, they at least sat through it).
Saturday was a very sad day. Sheba, our foster dog, went to her forever home. Austin and I thought it might happen since we took her to meet the couple last weekend, but it was still sad to see her go. She left Saturday morning, so Saturday evening and all day Sunday I just felt like our house was far too quiet. As much as I miss her, I know she's gone to a home that will be perfect for her and she will be loved. Not to mention she wont have to put up with any cats. Having Sheba was a great experience and Austin and I are very proud of the progress she made. We're really looking forward to the next dog we get, and hoping that it wont be too long before we get another dog.
Not only was having Sheba a great experience and we knew we were helping out a great cause, but we also realized that we really like having a dog in the house. Yes, a dog is a lot of work. It really is not something to get into without giving it a lot of thought, but there is something great about having a dog in the house again. Since we both grew up with dogs yet we haven't had one together, we've wanted to get a dog for a while. The thing stopping us for the longest time was whether we actually had the time to offer to a dog. We've seen we do and we're ready for one of our own. We're ready for our own dog to love for the next 10-15 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment