Today, I'm going to do a little promoting for an upcoming movie. This movie is "New York Says Thank You".
"New York Says Thank You" is a documentary. The descirption from the director and producer is as follows:
"In 2003, a five-year-old New York child had an idea to help children he'd never met. That spirit of generosity inspired New Yorkers to drive cross country to donate toys and other goods to families affected by disastrous wildfires in Southern California—a cathartic way of giving back to their fellow citizens the same kind of extraordinary compassion and support they themselves received after 9/11.
The film “New York Says Thank You” is a great American story, filled with heart, humanity, and selflessness. This feature-length documentary film is dedicated to telling the amazing story and sharing the contagious spirit of the New York Says Thank You Foundation. Every September, the New York Says Thank You Foundation sends volunteers to help rebuild American communities affected by natural or man-made disasters. Since that first trip to Southern California volunteers have been to Illinois, Louisiana, Indiana, Texas and Kansas to rebuild churches, hospitals, homes, barns and other buildings destroyed by disaster. On each trip, they brought with them tales of survival, love and compassion and each year their efforts have snowballed, adding to the numbers of this unique national disaster relief organization."
As someone who lived just minutes from the Pentagon on September 11, this movie does mean a lot to me. (Granted, it is also important because Austin's cousin is one of the producers and it would be important anyways.) I remember the day it happened, I was in the sixth grade. My dad was working in the Pentagon.The area that was hit was where his office was going to be. I remember the fear, listening to the reports come in, watching the planes fly into the Twin Towers in New York and wondering why.Living on a military base, I saw not only the civilian response from kids I was going to school with, but I also saw the parents' reactions. I remember the reaction from one teacher, her husband was working in the Twin Towers. He never came home. I remember a neighbor, her husband was a firefighter at the Pentagon trying to get the fires to go out. I also remember the way people came together afterward and actually helped each other. And now, we can see New York never forgot the kindness and support showed by Americans.
And now, to the reason for this post. "New York Says Thank You" is premiering at the Tribeca Film Festival April 28!! Head over to the Tribeca Film Festival site by clicking here to learn more!
No comments:
Post a Comment