I've been toying with the idea for months over a seating chart and I think I finally figured out what I want to do. Austin and I love wine. We drink it all the time and we used to have a huge bowl of wine corks that we just threw out. Why would we need to keep them anyways? What use could I have for old wine corks? I figured it out (only after I threw them out of course): I'm going to use wine corks as place card holders.
I found these online:
but I just couldn't bring myself to spend anywhere from $250-$500 for place cards, so I think I'm going to make them myself.
Since it wouldn't be possible (or something I would suggest trying) for Austin and I to drink 200 bottles of wine in the next two months, we're going to talk to his dad about getting his old wine corks. I guess its something that most wine-o's tend to do, hold on to their old corks, because he has a large jar of his wine corks. If he doesn't have enough for us, I found that you can buy old wine corks on eBay (100 for only $10) and we'll get what we need from them. When I actually start on this process, I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes, but I'm pretty excited to have this idea FINALLY nailed down!

No comments:
Post a Comment