Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Place Cards - Update I

I've started working on my place cards! Its turning out to be quite an easy project (thankfully). Just as a quick reminder, this is what I wanted to make for my escort cards:
Well, I started working on it a couple weekends on getting some of my corks sanded down. I don't have all of them yet, we're going to get the ones Austin's dad has and is willing to let us use, but I figured I needed to get started on them. I know that they will need a flat bottom so that they can all stand up on the table for display and not be rolling around making a mess of things. So, being the type of girl I am, I haven't got the slightest clue where to get sandpaper since I don't have any idea where a hardware store or home improvement store is. I can direct you to any DSW within a 25 mile radius, but not a single hardware store. And there's the fact that I'm trying to cut costs (and I haven't the slightest how much sand paper is), I decided to sand them down myself.

If you look outside, I'm sure you will see concrete. Concrete is not smooth. It will sand down a wine cork. It will in fact be able to sand down hundreds of them. So I took my bowls of wine corks and sat outside for about an hour and sanded down about 75 until they were able to stand on their own!
All of that tan stuff is after working on only a couple of corks!

See! Its flat! It really does work!





So there you have it, the cheapest way to get to work on your wine place card holders! So far, we've spent a grand total of $0 on this project. I think its my favorite so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment