Monday, November 4, 2013

Endings are hard

Endings are hard. It is a little extremely terrifying to think about starting over and creating something new. And while it may be for the best, it doesn't make the entire thought of starting from scratch less terrifying. Whether it is a new job, a new move, what have you, when a big part of your life is over, it can be a bit scary.

But they don't have to be terrifying. As I'm entering a new phase of my life, I can either completely freak out over the massive number of things that I need to get taken care or I can enjoy the ride. I was talking with a friend on Sunday about the challenges that will come up in the next few months and his take on this entire situation was simple: This is liberating.

And I hadn't actually looked at it like that before. I have a brand new, fresh start. I can do whatever I want with this start. I can go anywhere. While it is scary to think about what will happen in the coming months, I can also enjoy it. I can embrace these new beginnings with a smile because I'm leaving behind something that I should have so long ago. Its funny how one conversation can really change your perspective, but its times like these that I love having friends like this one.

And while it may not be ideal to go through such drastic changes during the insanely hectic fourth quarter, I guess what matters is that it will finally happen. Things will get better. It may be a struggle learning to adjust to these things, but it is a challenge that I'm now looking forward to rather than absolutely terrified about. I know that the next few months are going to be a bit stressful, but now I can look at things with a more positive light.

While I have spent so long worried and stressed out about what is to come, I can now look at this with a new perspective. I may still be a bit scared about starting over, but this is also going to be good. There's is nothing wrong with starting fresh somewhere new. It may be scary, but this will be a great thing for me. Instead of looking at this as something to be terrified of, I can now see how great this is going to be.

While endings may be hard, new beginnings are something to really embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment