Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October is almost over already

Wow so I can't believe October is already coming to a close! With barely a week left in the month, I am shocked I haven't written a single post. And I was doing so well for so long with consistent updates...

I guess all I can do is say I guess life has just gotten away from me this month. After starting a new job at the end of July, I haven't really had much of a chance to stop and breathe. And, for better or worse, I don't see it slowing down until the end of the year. But, I will be doing my best to do more than a single post a month. That really is just not okay.

While it has been a bit like trying to drink from a fire-hydrant in this new position the last three months, I feel like I've really done well. I did get a bit thrown in and had to learn as I go, but I think that's been a huge advantage. Whereas my last position it seemed people were a bit afraid to let me take over projects and really dive into things, I've been encouraged to do that here. I've also been able to really learn how the carrier side of health insurance works. I've been working much closer with clients than I was at my prior position and I've actually really enjoyed that aspect. There's almost nothing better than getting emails from clients saying how happy they are working with you, especially when your day/week/month has been awful.

I've also been able to finally "stabilize" myself a bit more with the help a couple doctors. One of the reasons I feel like I've been so successful with clients is because I've started to really work on controlling my anxiety instead of letting it control me. And, while I don't think it will ever really go away, I feel like I've made huge progress in these past few months. I'm finally getting used to the various medications I need, I've gotten exercises to help me when I feel a panic attack coming on and I've just been learning more about myself. It is still a daily struggle not to get stuck in my head, but I finally feel like there's hope. I finally don't feel so completely broken. And that is an amazing feeling.

Dancing has been going really well. While I had been working on choreographing a couple dances a few weeks ago, that did get shifted to the back burner lately. I have still been going to class, although one of the classes I enjoyed the most did get canceled recently. I had thought I had found the studio that I was going to transition to fully in the upcoming year, but the way they handled the cancellation completely put me off and I'm going to another studio on Thursday to continue the never ending search. I have been working on my Cecchetti III class because I may be taking that exam before the end of the year which is both terrifying and exciting.

Is that really all I've got to say after a month? I guess so. Don't worry kiddos, I'll be back before the end of the week with a new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment