Friday, September 27, 2013

San Antonio Catch Up

Well, the past few days I've been in San Antonio for a work trip and it really has been pretty great. Not only from the aspect that I've been able to get out of Dallas, but I also have been able to learn a new aspect of how insurance is handled.

My current company set up this trip as a sort of cross-training in order for the Account Management team can really learn how claims are processed and handled. It really has been an eye opening experience as to how something that an outsider would think would be an easy process is actually a process that can take several days, if not weeks. I've found that this trip has been a great learning experience that will help me understand how everything works together. I've really enjoyed having the chance to see how many different systems are necessary for everything to get handled properly. Since I'm not only new to this company buy also new to the carrier side as well, I think that this has been a wonderful learning experience.

Honestly, I thought that these few days would have been a bit of a waste since I didn't realize everything that went on in the San Antonio office. I'm thrilled that I've been proven wrong. Since there are various departments housed across the country, there are plans for more of these training opportunities in the future. Knowing how productive this trip has been, I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to learn even more about how this industry works.

And, knowing what I know now, I just want to let anyone out there that has any problems with their health insurance and are calling a service center, it isn't an easy task to navigate these waters.

When I get back home, I'll be sure to share with you all of the fun things that have happened. But until then, I did want to give you all a quick update.

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment