Thursday, September 5, 2013

When I am empty, please dispose of me properly

I've recently stumbled upon this thread. For those days when nothing I'm writing seems to be coming out right, I think I'll try one of these. I've had a bit of a slump the past couple of weeks and think working on something short and simple, something I don't have to decide on, will be a nice change.
 
"When I am Empty, Please Dispose of me Properly"
 
When I am empty, don't leave me to rot away in the ground. It really is quite a waste. Think about the little girl that needs a new cornea, I could help her see. Think about the little boy that needs a lung, I could help him run. Think about all the good I could do when you break me down and take me apart. There are so many out there waiting for their second chance at life because they were cursed with faulty mechanics. Don't leave them to suffer when I can give them their first chance to live a real life. Remember those that are in need.
 
When I am empty, there's no reason for you to not pass around what I have left. The blood that remains can go to those in need during the next hurricane. The marrow in my bones can help heal someone with cancer. The things I have taken for granted can go to help someone without it. I always meant to give blood more often, but the thought of needles terrified me. I wanted to be able to help those in need of bone marrow but I was too afraid to do it. Remember those I can help.

When I am empty, think about what I can still give to others. I know I may not have done the best about helping others, but that really is all I want. While in life i may have been useless to others, at least after I go I can finally make a difference. There were many times I wanted to do the right thing and I didn't, let me at least do something right in death. Remember all of the good I can do.
 
 
When I am empty, please dispose of me properly.
 
Or, at the very least, remember how much I am worth.
On the black market.
 
Where you can get $1,500 for my eyes. Or $350 for each pint of blood. Or you can get up to $270,000 for a kidney or even $160,000 for my liver. And don't forget about my heart. No matter the condition it was in when I left, it can make you an easy $120,000.
 
So remember, when I am empty, dispose of me properly.   

No comments:

Post a Comment