Tuesday, July 16, 2013

When did writing become a chore?

When I was younger, I used to write all the time. I would write poetry and short stories and even in a journal (almost) every day. At one point I wrote a novel (it was probably more of a novella, but that's besides the point). Now, I seem to struggle to string together a coherent blog post once a week. I'll draft up three or four posts a week, but somehow they never seem to be "good enough" for me to actually publish. I don't know when it happened, but I seem to have lost faith in my own writing. 

Maybe this is because I've tried to use this place to write about so many different things that now nothing really seems to fit. I don't know all of the people that take the time to visit to read what I've writted. And I'm worried about leting you all down. All of you nameless, faceless people out there. I also feel bad that there are those of you that visit on a regular basis and have nothing new to read. When I'm this inconsistent, it makes me wonder why you all even come here. Not that I'm saying you shouldn't. 

But I need to get over whatever fear I have of just writing. Writing isn't a chore, it isn't something to be afraid of. It is something I enjoy. I need to embrace that. 

So, I've actually started working on a short story. I'm not sure if it will be something I publish here, or even at all, but I think it will be good to start working on somehing like this to get back into writing more than just updates on my life and how disappointed I am in politics and whatnot. I'm also going to make a commitment to publish something at least once a week for the rest of the summer. I'm going to try to make this blog a bit more varied as well, I'm going to try to upload one piece of artwork that I've created in addition to a written post once a week. 

I'm hoping that this will help me get back to the creative part of my life that love and seem to have lost touch with. I'm also hoping it will make this blog an even more enjoyable experience for all of you. 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog site is so superb. How fortunate to see everything you have created. Hope you proceed to do the job tough. I wish you possess a good health and wellbeing.

    ReplyDelete