Monday, July 1, 2013

Excuse me while I rant a bit

I'm not usually one to call out people individually, but sometimes people are just so fucking ignorant.

I'm sure its pretty clear that I'm not the biggest supporter of our government's military. Hell, I've even written about the over-spending in the military for both this blog and for a lit class. I think that the wars we have been in recently are a waste of lives and money. I think that the military has far too much power. I think there is a lot of corruption in the military. I think the fact that the military promises kids straight out of high school a "big" bonus for signing their life away is bullshit.

But don't you ever try and talk shit about people that are trying to keep us safe.

Especially when that person is my little brother.



I've seen it happen multiple times, especially as I've seen an increase in the number of friends that have been deployed to various countries throughout the world. I get being upset with the government. Hell, I'm right there with you.

But don't you dare start telling people that they're "gunna die" and that they're a "government issued murderer". This was not a guy trying to say he's glad he's in the military because he's going to start killing everyone. This was a kid that is excited to go home and go to college after being away from home for almost a year. And maybe this just pisses me off because this little shit-head is the latest to start trying to call out kids, kids, that are talking about their job and they're moving. Maybe its because this little dick made a joke about my little brother dying. But, hey, at least he had a reason as to why he made such a moronic statement.

It. Is. Not. Funny.

I've had my share of debates with people about the military. As someone that grew up in the military, I know what I'm talking about. I respect the people, not the organization and not those that lead. It is not funny to joke about these people, these kids, dying. There are far too many innocent lives lost every day due to war. Why joke about the life of people that will, in all likelihood, be in an office? The people that are posting shit saying they're getting ready to be deployed or relocated, they aren't doing it so you can give your pissant little rant about how terrible the military is.

One of my close friends has been deployed to various stations around the world and I've seen all out fights break out over a status that is something as simple as his fucking PT test. People start fighting with each other on his status when he gives a simple update on his life. Are you kidding me??

Get your head out of your ass.

Be mad at the government, not the kids that have already signed away their lives to protect little douchebags like you.

2 comments:

  1. He's free and all he had to do was get a felony. That's the kind of guy I want to take advice from. Maybe he should be a psychiatrist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he should start a career as a life coach since he obviously has his shit together and is trying to give *wonderful* advice to others.

      Delete