I know it has been a few weeks since I did an edition of Lifescouts Friday, but they are back. At least for a little while. For some reason my Fridays have gone from slow and easy to chaotic and insanely busy. I'm not sure which I prefer.
Ride a Bike
Like most people, I learned to ride a bike as a child. Since I wasn't able to drive for obvious reasons and I didn't want to be at my own house unless absolutely necessary, I would spend a lot of time at my friends' houses growing up. And the only best way to get there? Riding my bike.
Camping
My husband and I disagree as to whether or not I have really gone camping. My idea of camping is the time my parents rented a cabin in the woods. Sure, we may have had electricity and plumbing and possibly internet, but it was still in the woods. So it counts as camping. Right?
Fly a Kite
I don't remember exactly when I have flown a kite since it really isn't something that most people spend hours doing, but I do have distinct memories of flying a kite and running around trying to get it to stay up longer. The problem with having repressed much of your childhood do to trauma is that you only have snapshots of memories like this. I know it happened but I can't remember where.
Rollerskating
In the 90's, everyone thought it was the coolest thing to be able to roller-skate. In the late 90's when I realized I wanted to be cool and liked, I took it up as well. The last time I did was when I lived up in DC, so it was at least 10 years ago. I don't know why I stopped, possibly because it wasn't "cool" anymore, but I remember it was a lot of fun with my friends.
Yo-Yo
In the fifth grade, we had some sort of assembly about DARE and keeping off drugs. And what did they suggest to do instead of drugs? Why, yo-yo of course! In the late 90's, yo-yoing was still kinda cool for kids and we would all try to learn better "tricks" and have the cooler yo-yo. I'm sure if I could even find a yo-yo I would succeed in nothing more than knotting it up.
Ride a Bike
Like most people, I learned to ride a bike as a child. Since I wasn't able to drive for obvious reasons and I didn't want to be at my own house unless absolutely necessary, I would spend a lot of time at my friends' houses growing up. And the only best way to get there? Riding my bike.
Camping
My husband and I disagree as to whether or not I have really gone camping. My idea of camping is the time my parents rented a cabin in the woods. Sure, we may have had electricity and plumbing and possibly internet, but it was still in the woods. So it counts as camping. Right?
Fly a Kite
I don't remember exactly when I have flown a kite since it really isn't something that most people spend hours doing, but I do have distinct memories of flying a kite and running around trying to get it to stay up longer. The problem with having repressed much of your childhood do to trauma is that you only have snapshots of memories like this. I know it happened but I can't remember where.
Rollerskating
In the 90's, everyone thought it was the coolest thing to be able to roller-skate. In the late 90's when I realized I wanted to be cool and liked, I took it up as well. The last time I did was when I lived up in DC, so it was at least 10 years ago. I don't know why I stopped, possibly because it wasn't "cool" anymore, but I remember it was a lot of fun with my friends.
Yo-Yo
In the fifth grade, we had some sort of assembly about DARE and keeping off drugs. And what did they suggest to do instead of drugs? Why, yo-yo of course! In the late 90's, yo-yoing was still kinda cool for kids and we would all try to learn better "tricks" and have the cooler yo-yo. I'm sure if I could even find a yo-yo I would succeed in nothing more than knotting it up.





No comments:
Post a Comment