Cello
Before I decided to take violin lessons, I wanted to play the cello. I took all of two lessons before I decided that there was no way I was going to be tasked with carrying an instrument that was taller than I was. I took violin lessons for a couple years before I decided to move on to the flute, something even smaller and easier to carry.

Programming
This is more of a work-in-process badge. In high school I was in some sort of tech club and I learned a few basics, but really I spent most of that time hanging out with friends. Now, I'm trying to actually learn. I've been able to teach myself a few things (thanks, internet!) but I'll be delving into it fully come the fall when I start at UTD and actually start taking some real classes.

Harmonica
What kid didn't get one at some point in their life? And after I saw "The Blues Brothers" for the first time, I thought that I would be able to be that awesome one day. Alas, that did not happen. And as with the cello, I quickly lost interest and moved on to other interests and instruments.
Safari
One of the reasons people wanted to be in band in high school was because, every four years, the band would take a trip to Florida and march in the parade in Disney World and visit all of the parks. While we were in Disney's Animal Kingdom, a few of my friends and I went on the Kilimanjaro Safari tour thing. It might not be a real safari but I have a feeling that it the closest I will get for a long time.
Trombone
I never tried to play the trombone; actually, I never really tried my hand at a brass instrument. I did briefly date a guy who played the trombone. It was a very short lived high school romance. Really, it wasn't much of a romance. I don't think it was long enough to be considered a romance. We also just kinda stopped dating without ever really breaking up. I'm not sure how that happened...



No comments:
Post a Comment