Wednesday, September 28, 2011

As you probably read in a previous post, I'm currently taking a Composition course while in the process of trying to get my degree. The biggest problem I've had with this course so far is that the professor is set on the fact that she doesn't want any essay to exceed 500 words. Now, that may seem like a lot, but really that's barely three paragraphs. I'm the kind of person that likes to really get into a topic and discuss why it is important to me, why it should be important to you, give you facts from elsewhere, and just really get into whatever I'm writing. I've also come to the realization that the only way that I can really write a proper essay that short is to write the essay on whatever the topic is, without any word limit in mind, and then to summarize said topic into a paper that is short enough. And being the person I am, I don't want to put forth the effort into writing a great paper and then not have it read at all, so I'm going to be putting the longer versions of my essays up here.

Don't worry, I wont be putting every little assignment up. I don't want to bore the readers I have. I'll be putting up the topics that I find interesting and I think other people might enjoy as well. The next essay I have is supposed to be about the death of a close friend, so I'll be writing about a great friend of mine that I still miss to this day. I'm sure you are all just on the edge of your seats waiting for my next post, but I wont be posting anything until I get that one done and posted. Well, I might post a song or two I think you should all listen too, but nothing really substantial. School does come first, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment