I've noticed that people seem to be very unhappy. We like to complain about everything from our jobs to our clothes to our food to our car to our politics to our religious problems. But why? What good does this do?
I will be the first to admit that I do have times when I'm having a bad day and I notice everything going wrong. I see all of the things I hate about my job. I see the problems in my relationships. I see how much I don't like my wardrobe. I see how much I don't like the way I look. I see the things wrong with my (almost brand new) car. I see the problems in the world. And on days like this, I've noticed I have a tendency to do nothing about these issues but bitch and moan.
But what good does this do? What does this accomplish?
You end up bringing everyone around you down. But it doesn't make you happy. It doesn't change your life. It doesn't change your circumstances. You're still miserable.
So get up. Stop your bitching. Change something. You don't like your job? Find a new one. Try to change your attitude. Come to the understanding that your work is not your life. Learn that work isn't going to always be fun. You aren't happy in your relationship? Figure out what you might be doing to make things worse and change it. Talk to your significant other about how to really make a change. Or accept that you might be holding on to something that was and let go of it. You don't like your clothes? Go shopping. Maybe realize that you are lucky to have as much as you do and stop being greedy. You don't like the way you look? Go on a diet. Eat healthier. Start working out. Be active. You don't like your car? Find a way to get one you're happy with. Maybe realize that there are thousands of people without a car. You don't like the way the world is? Get out there and volunteer. Help out other people. Make a difference in someone's life.
I know that I for one am going to stop complaining to everyone else and start making changes in life instead of sitting around complaining that nothing is changing. Get out there and take a chance on something. You don't want to look back on your life with regrets and nothing but "what ifs". You don't want to go through life unhappy. If we were to all sit around waiting for progress and change, nothing would ever happen.
I will be the first to admit that I do have times when I'm having a bad day and I notice everything going wrong. I see all of the things I hate about my job. I see the problems in my relationships. I see how much I don't like my wardrobe. I see how much I don't like the way I look. I see the things wrong with my (almost brand new) car. I see the problems in the world. And on days like this, I've noticed I have a tendency to do nothing about these issues but bitch and moan.
But what good does this do? What does this accomplish?
You end up bringing everyone around you down. But it doesn't make you happy. It doesn't change your life. It doesn't change your circumstances. You're still miserable.
So get up. Stop your bitching. Change something. You don't like your job? Find a new one. Try to change your attitude. Come to the understanding that your work is not your life. Learn that work isn't going to always be fun. You aren't happy in your relationship? Figure out what you might be doing to make things worse and change it. Talk to your significant other about how to really make a change. Or accept that you might be holding on to something that was and let go of it. You don't like your clothes? Go shopping. Maybe realize that you are lucky to have as much as you do and stop being greedy. You don't like the way you look? Go on a diet. Eat healthier. Start working out. Be active. You don't like your car? Find a way to get one you're happy with. Maybe realize that there are thousands of people without a car. You don't like the way the world is? Get out there and volunteer. Help out other people. Make a difference in someone's life.
I know that I for one am going to stop complaining to everyone else and start making changes in life instead of sitting around complaining that nothing is changing. Get out there and take a chance on something. You don't want to look back on your life with regrets and nothing but "what ifs". You don't want to go through life unhappy. If we were to all sit around waiting for progress and change, nothing would ever happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment