I know I'm not the only one out there with Post Potter Depression. This is a story that many of us have grown up with for the past 14 years.
There are millions of people out there that have grown up with this story that are now trying to figure out what next. Yes, some of you out there think it's a bit ridiculous for us to be so torn apart by the fact that it's all over. You think that it's just a movie. You think it's just a book. You think it's just a story.
But it's not.
I remember getting the first book on my seventh birthday. I remember all of the book releases, every midnight premiere. I remember the late nights trying to finish the books before anyone else. I remember locking myself in my room when I was young so people wouldn't spoil the endings for me. I remember all the friends I made in each new school because people would see that I, too, was a Potterhead. I know all the late night conversations trying to decide if Snape was good or evil. I've grown up with Dan, Emma, Rupert, Tom, James, Oliver, Matt and Evanna for the past ten years. I've seen them on Platform 9 and 3/4 until the final scene, sending their own children off to Hogwarts. I've cried with Harry after he lost the only family he has ever known, Sirius. I laughed at all of the ranks pulled by Fred and George. I cheered at Dobby being unintentionally set free by Lucious. I mourned his death, always remembering that Dobby has no masters because he is a free elf. I cried when Dumbeldore died and I refused to give up on Snape. I stood by Snape through everything, I knew he couldn't have been evil. I was overjoyed to be able to prove to people that I was right after reading The Prince's Tale. I was proud of Narcissa for lying to the Dark Lord just for the chance to see her son again. I cheered when Ron and Hermione finally were able to be together. I cheered when Kreacher led the house elves into battle. I cried when Fred, Lupin, Tonks, Colin, Lavender and 50 other students died at the final battle.
So no, this is not just a story. This is the biggest part of my childhood and my life that has just come to an end. That is why there are millions of fans around the world that are mourning the loss of this second family. And to anyone out there wondering why children, teenagers and adults alike are flocking to theaters and cluttering your twitter, facebook, tumblr and whatever else they can with Harry Potter, there is a reason. We are all mourning and celebrating the best 14 years of our life.
No comments:
Post a Comment