Monday, July 25, 2011

August is going to be a busy month!

Well, as July is coming to a close, I've realised how busy August is going to be! And really the next several months until I have a new schedule and I've reorganized my life properly. Not only will Austin and I be moving into a new apartment mid-August, but I'm also going to start registering for some classes!

Now, the moving aspect should be easy enough to handle (especially since we're not dumb enough to try and move ourselves in the middle of Texas summers), it's just the hassle of getting everything pack and unpacked. You have to make sure all of your mail is forwarded, all of your utilities ready to go on move in day, insurance, all of that fun stuff. I am looking forward to being able to decorate our new place in a completely different way. I also have to try and decide where I want all of our pictures and paintings hung, but that's the part of moving I really enjoy. And since I've moved many, many times over the course of my life, I'm kind of a pro at packing and moving and unpacking. The sad part is we're no longer in Dallas proper, we're in one of the suburbs of Dallas. It's really not a big deal, but I am doing to be a little sad that I am no longer actually living in the city. But c'est le vie.

I'm also really looking forward to registering for some college classes. The past year, I've been trying to decide if I really wanted to go back to school. And if I did, what did I want to study? What was my ultimate goal? Well, I've decided that I'm going to go back and work towards getting my MBA and hopefully be able to further my career with the new knowledge that I am sure to gain. I am also going to be taking a few art classes since I feel like my work has become slightly stagnant in the past year and I would like to actually work on bettering it. So, in August I'll be meeting with advisors and working out the classes that will best suit my schedule. As much as I value education and continuing to learn, I will not be one of the students that feels the need to give up their career. I'm great at multitasking and I love to be busy, so I know I wont have any problem being a part time student and working 90+ hours a week along with my other obligations.

I also realised that it has been several months since I last volunteered at the shelter I like to work at. With the chaos of the wedding, I let it slip to the back of my mind and have neglected to actually do any work there. Since this is a fabulous organisation and I loved working there a couple nights a week, the fact that I let it slip out of my life so easily was a little sad. So, I've decided to remedy the situation and I'll be starting to volunteer at the ELPO at least twice a week. I know that it is a little out of my way now that I don't live close by, but until we move I'll be back to working here. I'll also start the search for a new shelter to work at that's a little closer to our new home, but I'll stay at ELPO until I can find a new place to work at.

Last but not least, I've decided that in December, I'll be taking the Cecchetti Ballet Exam in January. I've been in ballet for only a year and I absolutely love it. For those that are unaware, Cecchetti is a style of ballet. There are many styles of ballet, this is just the one I chose to learn to study. There's not one style that's "better" than another, but I prefer Cecchetti and it's structured lessons and it's theories of movement. Anyways, there are many exams that a person can take, and each one will lead you into the next level and you become an even more experienced and educated ballerina after every exam. Now, the Exams aren't easy, but I'm excited to be able to work more on perfecting my form and becoming closer to the perfect ballerina.

So, with the changes in my schedule and the chaos that I'm sure will ensue from my controlled life changing so drastically, I'm not certain if I'll be able to post with the same regularity. I'm sure you are all just devastated about that fact....At least this will give me a lot more material to write about in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment