Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm a bridesmaid down... And I think I'm okay with that.

This past Saturday, I went with Melanie to get her measured and order her dress since I got a call letting me know the my MOH dress was in. I thought it would be a nice idea to invite Amelia to come along since she does live in town and it would be nice to go ahead and get her dress ordered. I hadn't heard much from Amelia in the past couple of months, but we had been talking about having a girl's night soon. I figured this quick little outing would give us time to plan something.

Apparently I was wrong. Amelia told me that she was no longer interested in being part of the wedding party.

I wont go into too much detail, but there is a bit of a back story... We had gone over to her apartment a couple of months ago and had proceeded to get absolutely shit faced drunk. Something was said at some point in the night and Austin and I got into a drunk fight. We were yelling at each other about something probably inconsequential, but it happened. Because of the copious amounts of alcohol consumed, everything was blown waaaay out of proportion.The next morning, we're all sober and Austin and I head home. We both felt pretty dumb about fighting over pretty much nothing and making such a scene. Amelia didn't call or anything and we didn't hear from here for about two months. I figured it was because she was trying to start a find a new job and was going to move into a bigger apartment in the complex she lives in. No worries, I know I don't have to be the center of anyone's life.

Well, last Saturday rolls around and I hadn't heard much from Amelia and I thought things were fine. Instead of just a simple "Yes, I can go" or "No, I have other plans" she decides to go into this long rant about how she doesn't feel comfortable around Austin and would therefore not be a part of the wedding. I was extremely hurt by this and didn't know the proper way to respond, so I thought about it all day and tried to figure out how to respond. I tried calling her to talk it over like adults, but she never would answer.So I decide to text her since that is obviously the only way to communicate with this girl.

As the night wears on, she begins to drunkenly inform me how little she thinks of my fiance and of me since I"m choosing to stay with some sooo awful.Really? You saw us have one drunken fight and you feel you have all of the authority to judge our relationship? I don't think so. And so she continues. Not just texting me at this point, but texting Austin telling him how awful he is, texting Dan telling him he's a horrible person... It was just ridiculous. After a point, I decided to turn off my phone because I was tired of reading texts that were paragraphs long about how my fiance is a horrible person and I'm an idiot for staying with him. I was tired of reading them and tired of trying to talk to her because at this point she was actign so self righteous and it was pissing me off.

The next morning when I woke up, I had quite a few texts that continued to berate me and tear Austin down. After about six messages, I finally got to one where she said she wasn't going to talk about it any more and she really wanted to get some sleep. (I still don't understand why she felt the need to tell me that since she had been texting me for about an hour and I had my phone off and was therefor not responding...) When Austin woke up, he had another series of texts that continued to harass him. He repsonded with (what I feel was a totally reasonable) "Fuck you" and left it at that. So she continues on her rampage and he isn't responding to anything she's saying at this point because it is THE NEXT DAY! He wanted to leave it be and not deal with it but apparently some people don't like to step away from a situation when things are spiraling out of control and everyone is mad.

I try to call her a couple times throughout the day, but she is constantly ignoring my calls. I wanted to be able to have an actual conversation and not send out text messages trying to work through this issue. I was still trying to work things out with her.

Finally, Monday rolls around and I can finally get her on the phone. She wouldn't let me even try to talk. Every time I would try to say anything, she would talk over me and finally started yelling and screaming at me. Apparently she felt that I was weak, stupid, insecure, etc for staying with a guy that treats me extremely well and loves me. Right. That makes sense.... Finally, after about ten minutes of her refusing to let me talk and her yelling, she starts screaming. There were no words, just unintelligible screaming. So I hung up on her.

I then went to my desk (because she decided to do this in the middle of the day while I was at work) and defriended her on facebook and twitter and blocked her on both. About five minutes after this happened, she decided to leave me a voicemail telling me not to contact her ever again.

Yes, things were said on all sides that should not have been said. I wont pretend like everyone acted like adults. But for someone to spend a good three days trying to convince me how awful my fiance is and try to get me to break things off with him is unforgivable. And then to have her act like she did absolutely nothing wrong the entire time makes it worse. I was trying to let her know that yes, we all had acted rashly. But she wouldn't have me telling her that she did anything wrong. She would continually complain about how she was "sexually harassed" at work, but she would never do anything about it. And apparently she's a better person than I am when I'm being "abused". Right...

So all of this boils down to the fact that Amelia will no longer be one of my bridesmaids. And I really couldn't be happier about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment