Austin and I met with Luisa from Amici Events on Saturday to discuss our floral arrangements. I am very pleased to say that, for the first time, I feel like the meeting with a potential florist went well!
Every florist I've met with thus far has given me the impression that they are not really interested in our business. I understand that we don't plan on spending a lot for a florist and some companies don't really want to devote a lot of time for a smaller wedding when they could be devoting that time to a couple that plans on having flowers everywhere, but I still feel like I should have gotten a better impression than I have from the five I had met with before Luisa. Out of the five florists I had met with, I only received a quote from one. And I have been meeting with them for about a month. Maybe its our low budget, maybe its the fact that we're a fairly young couple, maybe its the fact that I had only wanted to have bouquets and they didn't feel it was worth their time and effort, but whatever the reason, florists have been nothing but a headache.
That is, until we met with Luisa.
Austin came along for this meeting because he has started to get more involved in the planning process and he has been a huge help. I had a list of questions to ask her, printouts of what I would have liked for the bouquets and boutonnieres and a picture of the suit the groomsmen would be wearing. We talked with Luisa for about an hour and, not only was she incredibly nice, she was very well informed. She knew that we didn't want to spend a lot on the flowers, but was still excited to be a part of this big day. We also started to talk about centerpieces and she was willing to create a separate quote that included centerpieces. If Luisa can come up with centerpieces for $15-20 per table, it might be something we consider. Luisa understood that we don't want anything large or too tall, but small and simple. We're both keeping our fingers crossed that she can come up with something that will work. If Luisa can work out centerpieces for us at the price we asked, it would be comparable to what we would spend and it would be a lot less for us to work on and less stress.
We're keeping our fingers crossed that we can finally check off one more thing from our to-do list!
No comments:
Post a Comment