Monday, October 18, 2010

Dallas Stars!!

Hockey season has been underway for a couple weeks now and I am sooo excited! Austin and I went to the home opener on Thursday night when the Dallas Stars played the Red Wings (boooo). It was a fantastic game and the crowd had a ton of energy. I was a bit disappointed that Ott didn't have any reason to get into a fight, but I was thrilled that we won 4-1.

I had been able to get tickets from work and we had great seats. It was a sell-out game so almost every seat has filled. There were two seats next to us that were empty until the end of the first period, these were filled by a young scene couple. The entire game the guy was trying to explain what was going on during the game (and he failed miserably at it). So for all of you out there, don't get seats that are $150 a piece and take someone that doesn't even appreciate the seats or understand the game. It annoys the people next to you. And when you can't really even explain what's going on because you barely understand the game, it makes  the person sitting next to you want you to leave. Or get hit with the puck.

There was one thing that was very odd. Seeing Modano in a Red Wings jersey. Because Modano had been with the Stars for his entire career and this is his first season to be with any other team, and the fact that Stars fans have a deep hate for the Red Wings, seeing him wearing the Red Wings jersey was a bit odd.

After the game on Saturday night, the Stars remain 4-0-0 and I think we might have a decent team this year! Only time will tell if we can all stay healthy and keep up all of this momentum. The chances are a bit slim, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we might be able to bring home the Stanley Cup once again. Its been far too long...

No comments:

Post a Comment