Monday, November 18, 2013

Thank you all

The last several days have been a whirlwind of emotion. After getting out of a toxic marriage, I was honestly very worried about what the response would be. Would people understand? Would people believe me? Would people treat me different? Can I do this?

I must say that I have some of the most amazing and supportive friends out there. Two "friends" have really shown their true colors with their constant harassment of not only me but of my friends that dare to try and support me. While they may claim to know "exactly" what happened, they never really understood how far it went and what they did know they just stood by and watched it happen. But that's fine.

I'm starting over and I don't need people like that in my life. If I did, I would have stayed.

I really just want to say thank you to everyone out there that has reached out to me and offered support. I was terrified to finally open up about everything that I've been through because no one really wants to admit to being stuck in an abusive relationship. Knowing I have so many wonderful, supportive people in my life has really made this entire process so much easier. People I haven't talked to in years have reached out to me and offered me support and help and that was amazing. My coworkers and even my supervisors have given me amazing advice and have really shown me how lucky I am to work for this company. To everyone that has reached out to me, thank you.

Knowing I have so many amazing friends behind me makes this so much easier. I know that starting over won't be easy, but I know that I have so many great people when times get tough.

And, if any of you out there are in a relationship like this, don't be afraid to leave. No matter who you are, you do not deserve to be in an abusive relationship. You do deserve better.

1 comment:

  1. Any thingi can do for ya just let me know. I'm just a few hours away here in San Antonio

    ReplyDelete