With work and everything else going on in life, I haven't been able to see my brother for over two years. Considering the crap-tastic relationship I have with my parents and the fact that until recently he's been a minor, I couldn't really fly him down without their permission. Something they would never give. Thank goodness for internet and cell phones or my relationship with him would have disappeared. There really isn't too much to say other than I'm really looking forward to watching him graduate and spend some time with him.
Other than seeing my brother graduate on Sunday, Austin and I are also going to be meeting with a realtor on Sunday. Since we're both going to be working in the same area that my studio is in and close to school, we're contemplating getting a house at the end of our lease in August. Since neither of us have ever bought a house, we're meeting with a realtor to discuss different options and look into different houses. We're both looking forward to the possibility of having a place that's all our own. And even if we decide buying just isn't in our best interest, we'll still be moving to a better part of Dallas that fits our lives much better. And it would cut down our commute time considerably.
Next Thursday and Friday are also going to be the last days at my current position. All they need me to come in to do is payroll, so if I can get that done Thursday, I might have that as my last day. It's a little sad to be leaving a job I've had for four years, but I know it's time for me to move on to something bigger and more challenging. And it will also (hopefully) finally get rid of one of the most toxic people that has ever forced themselves into my life.
Since I wont be working there, I'm hoping she finally moves on. Considering just how crazy she's proved herself to be, I was worried briefly about her trying to contact my little brother or harassing him. I then realized that I have messages sent anonymously from her on various platforms. I guess she didn't realize that nothing is ever really anonymous since it really is quite easy to trace back the IP address and whatnot. So, now Austin and I are certain that she'll only force herself back into our lives if she wants to get arrested. Isn't it annoying when someone so toxic just can't get the hint you don't want them in your life? C'est la vie.
Anyways.... I'm really looking forward to being able to share some pictures (possibly video) of my baby brother graduating. I'm guessing that post will be very picture heavy... Have a wonderful weekend!!
Oh Audrey, you have been so wrong. They would have let Nate go see you. Don't lie to yourself. I'm glad you seem to be happy, but I wonder just how much of it is real?
ReplyDeleteI really don't think I'm wrong considering it happened. The life I had to live with my parents was miserable at best. While I still struggle with an eating disorder and social anxiety(things I got from my mentally abusive mother), I'm much happier than I was living with a physically abusive father.
Delete