Over the course of the last four or five months, I have been alluding to "something big" that will be coming up. I can now share this news with all of you!! I am changing jobs!
In February I made the realization that I needed to switch careers so that my focus was more along the lines of what I would like to actually make a career of doing for the rest of my adult life. I knew that this would be a very difficult thing to do and I knew that it would be hard for me to find a job in the area I wanted since I don't have much career experience in that particular field and I do not have my degree yet. After talking it over with Austin, we came to the decision that it would make more sense for us both financially if I were to become a full-time student or find a new job. With all the new classes I was taking and more time at the studio, we were just having a really hard time making ends meet. With financial aid for being in class full-time every semester, we would be better off. Or I needed to find a new job that would be able to give me the drastic pay raise we needed.
So, I set myself with a deadline of August to find a new job or I would quit. I would work part-time somewhere, but I would be taking twice as many classes. And, despite what I thought, I was able to find the perfect position! In two weeks, the day after Memorial Day, I'll be starting my new role as a Marketing Assistant.
I'll admit it, I'm absolutely terrified about starting a new job with new people and new responsibilities and in a completely new line of work. But, I'm also really excited. I got the news this morning and I have been on top of the world since then. This is the big break that I was hoping for, yet I never though I would get it. I'm looking forward to meeting all of the new people in this company and working somewhere new and exciting. I'm looking forward to learning a foreign industry to me. I'm terrified of leaving here, but I'm also really excited.
I'm also sad that I'll be leaving all of the wonderful people that I've worked with for the past four years. I have started to spread the news, telling the people I'm closest to first. I was a little surprised that some of them were as upset as they were. A few people cried at the news, I can only imagine what the next two weeks are going to be like... There are a lot of wonderful people here that I will miss. We've become very close and it's going to be sad to know that I wont see them every day. But, I know that I have to move on to the next step in life. I can't stay in a position that isn't moving my overall goals in life forward just because I'm friends with some of the people here.
I know the next two weeks are going to be an emotional roller coaster. I know the day I start my new job I will be a nervous wreck. I know that this is the start of something big, new, and exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment