Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ben Folds Five is Back!!!

For those of you that are unaware, Ben Folds Five has finally returned to the studio to record their first album since 1999. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm extremely excited to find out about this news.

I've been a huge fan of Ben Folds since I first listened to him in the early 00's. There are few artists that I can say that I own a physical copy of every one of their albums, and Ben Folds is one of those artists. I own every Ben Folds, Ben Folds Five, and The Bens album that has ever been released. Unless there's some unknown album out there not released to the general public. Knowing that there is a new Ben Folds Five album that will soon grace my ears is almost more than I can handle.

Ben released news of the new album in January and I really haven't wanted to talk about it too much since then. Mostly due to the fact that there has been no new information regarding the latest project. Now, I'm happy to say that you can become a part of this project. You can help alleviate the costs of production, studio time, and even helping to raise awareness for Music Therapy. You can make a pledge of as little as $10 to receive a digital copy of the new album and help support this project.

This project was announced on May 7th, this past Monday. I was going to take a moment to urge you to pledge so that this project would be funded, but finals and work decided I would be too busy to actually have time to talk about it. And in the time between then and now, the project is fully funded. Actually, the fans quickly spread the word and awareness and the project was funded in full by Monday evening. You can still pledge and receive some of the perks and know that you're helping an amazing band and raise awareness for Music Education and Music Therapy.

You can learn more about this new project by clicking here and learning more about the new album. And even if you're not interested or unable to pledge, keep an eye out for the new album and any new information!! It wont be too much longer! I think this thirteen year break has been far too long....

No comments:

Post a Comment