Sunday, May 20, 2012

Graduation

Look at my little brother with his diploma! He's a graduate now!! 

Well, my little brother graduated this afternoon. It was great to see him walk across the stage and then get to spend some time with him later. It really has been too long. In just a few short weeks he's going to be heading to Basic Training (something I don't really like, but it is his life) and beginning his life as an adult. It's insane to think that he's an adult now! Since the internet at the hotel we're staying at is pretty crappy, I'll be uploading more pictures and stuff when we get back, but I did want to upload at least one picture of my baby brother graduating. 

It also got me to thinking about everyone I went to high school with and all of the friends I had in high school. I realized that I talk to maybe a total of five people from high school, a fact that really doesn't bother me. I thought that I was going to be friends with some of those people for the rest of my life. But, less than five years later, I honestly don't want to try and have them in my life at all. I reactivated my Facebook account Friday evening and I've quickly realized how much I have grown apart from everyone there and how far I've gone since high school. Most people in that city are perfectly content to stay there and live a life in Conway. Most of the more "adventurous" ones are making plans to move to Little Rock. People are too afraid to actually make more out of their lives... 

But, that is all a separate topic to be discussed in a separate post. This is just a quick blurb about me being a proud big sister. Congratulations to the Conway High School Class of 2012 and my little brother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment